VPN Review time – VyprVPN
It’s come time to post a review of one of the more popular VPN brands out there. Vypr is well known in the VPN industry – Sunday Yokubaitis and co-Founder Ron Yokubaitis participated in a video conference with Edward Snowden and 25 other leading cyber security expert. Vypr also have developed their own proprietary VPN protocol known as Chameleon.?Well let’s get down to the VPN review.
The Logging Policy.
To start, from the Goldenfrog website:
Golden Frog Does Not Collect From VyprVPN Sessions:
- Does not log a user’s traffic or the content of any communications
- Does not perform deep packet inspection of your traffic, except where requested by the customer for firewall purposes.
- Does not perform shallow packet inspection of your traffic, except where requested by the customer for firewall purposes.
- Does not discriminate against devices, protocols, or applications. Golden Frog is network neutral.
- Does not throttle your Internet connection.
- Does not rate limit Internet connection.
Golden Frog also states that it fully complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
VyprVPNs interface is nice and simple, it’s easy to find what you’re looking for, whether it be protocol selection or changing servers depending on your daily needs.
The default protocol it uses is OpenVPN which helps to prevent people from accidentally using the PPTP Protocol (Hacked by the NSA). That is important.
I’ve used VyprVPN a lot over the past few years so i may be a little biased. Goldenfrog are known as one of the few providers that appear to genuinely care about anonymous communication and browsing.
Investing their own money in developing and improving the security protocols VPNS use.
VyprVPN also brings value in allowing each account to connect to two devices at the same time, allowing you to protect your smartphone and computer concurrently.
That coupled with the sheer number of servers they have, did i mention they own them too? the no log policy and clean easy to use user interface – i recommend VyprVPN to anybody that wants a really good VPN and doesn’t mind paying a few extra dollars to support internet encryption.